Trade Waste Bins
East Herts Council can collect commercial waste in pre-paid sacks or wheeled bin collections.
We offer the following bin sizes:
- 240ltr Wheeled Bin
- 360ltr Wheeled Bin
- 660ltr Wheeled Bin (galvanised)
- 1100ltr Wheeled bin (galvanised)
All bins can come complete with lockable lids and we can provide a collection frequency to suit your needs. For a quotation please complete our online Trade Waste Quotation Form. If you are unable to fill in this form, please see our Contact Us for other ways of getting in touch
Trade Waste Sacks
In some instances it may not be possible to provide customers with a wheeled bin due to limited access issues, in these situations we can provide pre-paid Trade Waste sacks clearly marked with the East Herts logo. Sacks can be delivered at a charge.
This service is also ideal for those who use the service intermittently or small business with minimal waste requirements.
Reporting a Missed Trade Waste Collection
You should only report a missed bin if:
- Your bin was put out on the correct collection day. This collection day(s) should've been given to you when setting up the contract. The only exception to these days is where there is bank holidays where the collection day will be a day later or up to two days during the festive period
- You are reporting within 48 hours (two working days) of a missed collection.
- Your bin was out before 7am on the day of collection
- Your bin was on the boundary of your property.
If you still believe your bin has been missed, you can fill in our Report a Missed Trade Waste Bin Form
For any other enquiries relating to trade waste such as cancellation, additional collections etc, please contact email@example.com. Please note, emails sent into our old email address firstname.lastname@example.org will not be delivered
Clinical Waste - Trade
Healthcare waste or clinical waste is not accepted in trade waste bins because it poses a threat of infection to humans and must be incinerated.
We offer a chargeable clinical waste collection service for businesses including doctors, dentists, clinics and tattooists.
Types of clinical waste include:
- Human or animal tissue
- Swabs or dressings
- Syringes and needles
If you produce clinical waste we can provide your business with the sharps boxes or sacks and ensure the correct disposal
Clinical waste can be collected weekly in your area. To arrange a collection or for more information and costs, please call us on 01279 655261 extension 7140
Please note, we are unable to collect sharps boxes that have a purple lid. For further guidance on the different lid colours, please see the Sharpak website