Contact us

Find out how to contact East Herts Council.


Please check to see if your query could be answered by these relevant pages. For all other queries please email us at 


Our Customer service phone line opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm. Our contact telephone number is 01279 655261

For the hard of hearing, we have a text service number of 07734 334504 that you're able to use.

We are offering limited face to face services only.

Our reception areas are available to the public on a limited basis and you can visit either of these if you do not have access to a PC or telephone and need to speak to an officer. Most of our teams are still working from home and any contact would need to be made via our website, email or telephone.

Our Hertford office is open 10am – 4pm every Tuesday and our Bishops Stortford office is open 10am – 4pm every Wednesday, please be aware however both offices are closed between 1pm – 2pm to enable officers to have a lunchbreak.

If you need to speak with one of our officers in relation to a Benefits, Housing or Planning query, you can book a call back via our online booking system