Request a replacement bin

This page gives information on how to request a replacement bin or box for your property or new build

To request a replacement bin for an existing property please use our online form

Before requesting a replacement bin

  • Please check with neighbours in case your bin it has just gone astray. If there is still no sign of the bin you can report it to us as “lost”.
  • In order for us to replace damaged bins they must be made available on the boundary of your property from the day you submit the request.
  • If you have an assisted collection, please leave the bin in the usual storage place.
  • Replacement bins are often reconditioned bins - all are refurbished and clean. Replacement bins are usually delivered within a fortnight.
  • Please note that the standard size bin for general waste is now 180 litres (purple-lidded bin). Larger bins are 240-litres. Therefore, if you need to replace a capacity 360 litre bin, this will be replaced with a 240 litre bin. 

Please note: Unfortunately we are no longer able to provide inner paper boxes. Instead, we supply a larger kerbside paper box which allows residents to recycle more paper. Please be aware these do not come with a lid.

Damaged bins

If your bin or box is damaged please use the online form to tell us where the damage has occurred - where possible original bins will be repaired for you to continue to use. If we cannot repair it you will be issued with a replacement. 

New build property bins

If you are moving into or already have moved into a new build property, your bins needs should've already been assessed and ordered via the developers.  If you have still yet to receive your bins, please fill in a New Build Property Bin Request form.

Bins are provided for refuse, mixed recycling and paper. Garden waste is a subscription service and there is a charge for these bins. Please read our garden waste information to take out a subscription.

Narrow access for bins

In some instances it may not be possible to provide you with a wheeled bin due to narrow access or access issues such as properties opening straight onto a main road. If this is the case we will provide refuse sacks clearly marked with the East Herts Logo and you will continue to have a weekly collection of waste. Your recycling collections will be made via kerbside boxes.