Single Person Discount

If you're the only person aged 18 years or older living at a property you can apply for a 25% discount on your Council Tax bill by clicking on the following link.

Apply for Single Person Discount

If you live with someone else that falls into one of the following categories, you may be eligible for a discount.  Please use the links to see more information and details of how to apply:

There are a number of others discounts available in more exceptional circumstances which can be found on our other discounts page

Before completing this form please make sure you have your Council Tax reference number.

Once we have received your form we will aim to process your application within 10 working days.

In certain instances we may need to ask you for more information in order to determine where your “sole or main residence” is under the regulations. This is so that we can then consider whether you may be entitled to any discounts including single person discount.

We will also take steps to verify information given in support of any claim, discount or exemption by matching with data held elsewhere within the authority or with other external bodies involved in the administration of public funds.

If you would like to tell us about a change in circumstance that means you no longer qualify for a discount or exemption, please see our change in circumstances form

If you are unable to use this form, please see our Contact us page for ways of getting in touch