Single Person Discount
You may also apply for a single person discount if the person you’re living with is one of the following:
- Apprentices or Youth Training
- Care or Nursing Homes
- Council Tax Discount for Relative or Unpaid Carer Form
- Council Tax Discount for Professional Carer form
- Child Benefit in Payment
- Council Tax reduction for a Disabled Person
- Disability Reduction
- Foreign Language Assistant Council Tax Discount Form
- Members of Religious Communities
- Members of Visiting Forces (and certain other organisations)
- Non British Citizens
- Patients resident in hospital
- School and College Leavers (Under 20s)
- Student & Student Nurses Council Tax Discount Form
Before completing this form please make sure you have your Council Tax reference number.
Once we have received your form we will aim to process your application within 10 working days.
In certain instances we may need to ask you for more information in order to determine where your “sole or main residence” is under the regulations. This is so that we can then consider whether you may be entitled to any discounts including single person discount.
We will also take steps to verify information given in support of any claim, discount or exemption by matching with data held elsewhere within the authority or with other external bodies involved in the administration of public funds.
If you would like to tell us about a change in circumstance that means you no longer qualify for a discount or exemption, please see our change in circumstances form
If you are unable to use this form, please see our Contact us page for ways of getting in touch
Red asterisk denotes a required answer.