Discounts for Patients in Nursing or Care Home

People living in residential care homes, nursing homes, mental nursing homes and hostels providing a high level of care are disregarded for Council Tax purposes, as long as it is their only or main home. Depending on circumstances, this may relate to patients too, for example if a member of your household has moved into a care home

To apply please complete our Care or Nursing Homes Council Tax Discount form

if you are moving directly and permanently to a Care Home from a period in hospital,  you may be entitled to a further reduction of council tax from the date of your hospital admission.  For more information, please see our Patients in Hospital page

If you would like to tell us about a change in circumstance that means you no longer qualify for a discount or exemption, please see our change in circumstances form

If you are unable to use this form, please see our Contact Us (this link opens in a new window) for ways of getting in touch