Council Tax Forms and Leaflets
We will use the information you give in these forms, and in any supporting evidence you send us, to process and calculate your council tax. We will normally keep your records for up to seven financial years, and then they will be destroyed securely.
We may pass the information to other agencies or organisations such as the HM Revenues and Customs, as allowed by law.
We may check information you have provided, or information about you that someone else has provided, with other information we hold. We may also get information about you from certain third parties, or give them information, to:
- Make sure the information is accurate, and
- Prevent or detect crime, and
- Protect public funds.
These third parties include government departments, local authorities and private-sector companies such as banks and organisations that may lend you money.
We will not give information about you to anyone else, or use information about you for other purposes, unless the law allows us to.
The Council is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act. If you want to know more about what information we have about you, or the way we use it, please see our Data Protection page
Registering for Council Tax or changes in circumstances
- Moving In or Out of East Herts
- A Change in Circumstance affecting your Council Tax or discount / exemption
Appeals, Exemptions, Discounts and Band Reductions
- Care or Nursing Homes
- Council Tax Discount for Relative or Unpaid Carer Form
- Council Tax Discount for Professional Carer form
- Child Benefit in Payment
- Council Tax reduction for a Disabled Person
- Disability Reduction
- Foreign Language Assistant Council Tax Discount Form
- Members of Religious Communities
- Members of Visiting Forces (and certain other organisations)
- Non British Citizens
- Patients resident in hospital
- Single Person Discount
- Severely Mentally Impaired
- School and College Leavers (Under 20s)
- Student & Student Nurses Council Tax Discount Form