Make a claim 

If you pay rent or Council Tax you may be eligible for support.

You will not be eligible support if you: 

  • pay rent to a close relative who lives in the same property, ie your parents
  • have over ¬£16,000 in capital (unless you are in receipt of guarantee pension credit). This includes savings, investments and some property and land. 

Please visit our Benefits-Forms and Leaflets page to make a claim. 

Housing Benefits

Housing Benefit has been replaced by Universal credit for all working age customers, with a few exceptions. Please see our make a benefit claim page for more details

Council Tax Support

Council Tax Support claims must be submitted directly to the Council. To assess whether you may be eligible, please see our Council Tax Support page as soon as possible.

In addition to Council Tax Support, you may also be eligible for further Council Tax discounts which are not means tested. You can view discount types via the Council Tax page