Non-British Citizen - Spouse of Students

If you are not a British citizen, you're the spouse of or are dependent on a student and the terms of you being in the UK prevent you from taking paid employment or claiming benefits you will be disregarded for Council Tax purposes.

To apply for this discount, please fill in the following online form

Once in receipt of a discount, should there be a change in your circumstances that may affect your entitlement to the discount you must advise the Revenues Department within 21 days.

The council will periodically carry out a review of discounts and may send you a form to confirm whether it still applies. If you do not return the form your discount may be cancelled. 

Please note: Failing to supply information or supplying false information could result in a penalty of £70 being applied to your account for each year of the failure to notify.

If you would like to tell us about a change in circumstance that means you no longer qualify for a discount or exemption, please see our change in circumstances form