Abandoned and Nuisance Vehicles
If you have a vehicle that you no longer want, we can arrange for it to be collected from your home and scrapped. If you would like this service please complete our online Vehicle Scrapping form.
Report a Nuisance Vehicle
The Council will investigate cases where vehicles are causing a nuisance as follows:
- Where 2 or more vehicles are advertised for sale on a road (within 500 metres of each other)
- Where the road is being used to carry out motor repairs to vehicles as part of a business
Report an Abandoned Vehicle
What we do:
- before you report an abandoned vehicle please check if the vehicle is taxed on the DVLA website
- if a car is not showing as taxed on the DVLA site report it to us
- if the vehicle is dangerous, eg. burnt out please report it to us. If in the Council's opinion the vehicle is dangerous then the vehicle may be removed within 24 hours
What we don't do:
- we're not able to remove a vehicle if it is taxed
- vehicles parked dangerously or causing an obstruction should be reported to the Hertfordshire Police.
Report an Abandoned Vehicle online
The easiest way to is via our Abandoned Vehicle Form.
If you are having trouble filling in our form, please see our contact us page