Winter Fuel Payments
Are you eligible?
You may get a Winter Fuel Payment if;
- you were born on or before 5 May 1954
How to get your Winter Fuel Payment
Most payments are made automatically if:
- you got a Winter Fuel Payment last winter and you still meet the conditions for getting it
- you got State Pension or another benefit except Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit or Child Benefit during the qualifying period
Your partner will get the Winter Fuel payment if they receive any of the following benefits:
- Pension Credit
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance (income related)
Don't get any of the above but think you still qualify?
You can apply if the benefits below are the only ones you receive:
- Housing Benefits
- Council Tax Benefit
- Child Benefit
You can't apply if you:
- Claim benefits
- Get State Pension
Call the Winter Fuel Payment Helpline on 03459 151515 or get a claim form online. The deadline for claiming winter payments is the end of March each year. Most payments are made automatically between November and December
For full information see Winter Fuel Payments - Gov.uk website which includes application forms.