Local Lettings Policies
These are also known as planning obligations, and are agreements made under Section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
A s106 is a legally binding document which forms part of the planning permission for when the property was built.
The s106 agreement will specify who would qualify to rent the property
Most s106 agreements give priority to potential tenants who have a Local Connection to a particular area. First priority is usually given to people who work or live in the same parish and then consideration can be given to consider people from adjoining parishes, and then people from other parts of East Herts. The s106 will specify those areas, the time limits, and how a person demonstrates that they have the correct local connection.
For further information on specific areas, please see below
- Barkway Road Anstey
- Bowls Club Development Bishops Stortford
- Faylands Cottages, Hare Street
- High Street, Walkern
- Hollands Croft, Hunsdon
- Home Farm Cottages, Wyddial
- Kingham Road, Wareside
- Lloyd Taylor Close, Little Hadham
- Mead Lane, Hertford
- Moorymead Close, Watton at Stone
- Nash Close, Datchworth
- Oak Tree Close, Benington
- Pennyfather Close, Datchworth
- Wareside (Riversmead)
- Windmill Way, Much Hadham