Public Path Orders

Public path Diversion Order Applications need to be made to East Herts Council, who have engaged Hertfordshire County Council’s, Countryside and Rights of Way Service to administer them on our behalf. These are used where paths need to be closed or diverted for town planning development.

If you have any enquiries, please phone us on 01279 655261 and ask for Development Management. You may also call HCC directly, once a case has been passed to them, on 0300 123 4040 and ask for the Definitive Map Officer.

A fee is payable to East Herts Council for these services.

For more information, please visit Diversion, creation, extinguishment and modification applications page on the Hertfordshire County Council website.