Healthy Hub East Herts
The Healthy Hub East Herts will be based at the East Herts Council Wallfields Offices, Hertford and at Charringtons House, Bishop’s Stortford and you will be able to speak to colleagues about the services on offer during the normal opening times of 08:30 - 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Healthy Hub Services
Support will be available to help with a range of health and wellbeing needs. The services available through the healthy hubs include:
- Healthy lifestyle advice including stop smoking, nutrition advice and opportunities to be more physically active.
- Group support and presentations focused on health and wellbeing themes.
- Services offered by Citizens Advice East Herts Service who are also based at the East Herts Wallfields Office.
- Mental health and wellbeing referral to local services.
- Referral to specific wellbeing support
- Referral to training and skills opportunities with local providers.
Healthy Hub programme of activities
There are lots of different sessions to take part in at different times during the coming month. Afternoon or evening sessions are available which can help you with health and wellbeing areas, learning new skills or coping with new experiences. For more information on these sessions please see our page Healthy Hub programme of activities
Find out more
To find out more about the Healthy Hub, watch our video below.
Become a member of the Healthy Hub
To sign up to become a member of the Healthy Hub East Herts please complete our Healthy Hub East Herts Enquiry Form.
Your enquiry will come through to the Healthy Hub East Herts team who will be able to help you.
If you need information or advice now please click on the series of links below which detail the local partners we work with and the services they provide. The Healthy Lifestyle Advice and Information also provides lots of useful sources.
Mind in Mid Herts
- Mental Health Recovery based service – wellbeing groups - wellbeing and nutrition, wellbeing and exercise
- Prevent relapse and people needing further medical intervention for their mental health problem
- Prevent people from becoming ill and needing medical intervention, through psycho education courses etc.
- Social support for people recovering from mental health issues and to support those with long term conditions becoming socially isolated and lonely offering social support groups, art, crafts, music etc.
Herts Mind Network
- We will not give up until everyone experiencing mental ill health gets support, to help them on their road to recovery
- As a client led organisation, the views and needs of clients and those who care for them are always listened to and considered in our service development. We aim to create an environment of opportunity, where you can realise self-development and personal growth
- We are the largest ‘open access’ provider of mental health services in Hertfordshire
- We recognise that recovery means different things to different people. Therefore, we work in collaboration with each individual person, to promote and support this by developing a personalised approach, so that your needs are realistically met.
- Promote health and wellbeing through social & therapeutic horticulture, training and work opportunities to people with learning disabilities and mental health concerns.
- To provide facilities in Hertfordshire including horticultural sites and a working café for use by vulnerable people.
- To develop social and work related skills of people with learning disabilities and mental health concerns through the provision of therapy, training, meaningful work experience and employment opportunities to help integrate people into their community.
- To raise awareness of learning disabilities and mental health concerns and help integrate people with learning disabilities into their community through our community- based projects, as well as providing opportunities for local schools and colleges to access our facilities.
CVS Broxbourne and East Herts
- CVSBEH provides a diverse range of services to develop, enhance and empower voluntary and community groups to effectively serve their communities across Broxbourne and East Herts.
- For those who are new to the ‘Voluntary Sector’ or simply want to find out about groups working locally, CVSBEH is a first point of contact.
- We can provide advice and support on funding and governance to local groups and organisations.
- CVSBEH can help new and existing groups to meet local changing needs through planning and other organisational matters.
- For individuals, CVSBEH can help develop personal and professional skills through signposting, volunteer recruitment and providing free and affordable training courses.
Future Living Hertford
- Future Living provides therapeutic care and complementary therapies to clients in recovery from domestic abuse and addiction.
- As a health and wellbeing centre it engages with a range of practical and holistic programmes to support clients back into life.
- If offers a range of training and volunteering opportunities to clients enabling them to become independent again
- It enables clients to clients to reconnect with their community and feel supported through our community café.
Citizens Advice East Herts Service
- Citizens Advice East Herts is an independent local charity that provide free impartial advice on range of issues to people in East Herts
- Most common advice issues are benefits (including Universal Credit and tax credits) debt, housing, employment and relationships
- We give advice by telephone, video, email, webchat and Facebook Messenger. We can also see people face to face if needed. Our website contains lots of useful information and signposting.
- Volunteer model means our services are locally delivered by and for the community
Carers in Hertfordshire
- To provide information advice and support to any unpaid family or friend carer who lives, works or cares in Herts.
- To give carers a collective voice when working with services.
- To provide services that support carers in their role and help them to carry on caring.
- To raise awareness or the needs of carers, and the issues they face, with services and the general public.
Wise About Food
- To generate a wider understanding of healthy eating in the local community and place emphasis on the importance of our relationships with food for general wellbeing.
- To promote individual confidence in cooking, budgeting and meal-planning so that making healthy meals is less of a challenge due to money and time constraints.
- To counter issues of social isolation and mental health by bringing people together and reducing stress or concerns about food.
- To provide educational resources to a variety of targeted demographic groups, such as parents and young people, carers and the elderly, people with mental health problems and those with learning disabilities.
St. Clare’s Hospice
- To support and provide End of Life Care to West Essex and East Herts.
- We are working to identify additional ways to support local people around death dying and loss.
- To challenge our communities to discuss death and dying and hospice services.
- To break stigmas attached to access to Hospice Care.
- At Courtyard we believe art is for everyone. Founded by a group of passionate, local artists it has become Hertford’s leading visual arts centre, and 25 years on we strive to inspire and educate.
- Our aim is to provide a launch pad for all members of the community to achieve their artistic potential, we deliver a broad range of art classes for ages 2 to 102!
- Participation in the arts has proven to have widespread mental health and overall health benefits. Growing social bonds and learning new creative skills helps to reduce stress and depression and increases overall wellbeing and confidence.
- Volunteers help keep our doors open and form a valuable part of our community events and day-to-day operations.
Active East Herts
- Facilitate as many opportunities for as many people to be active as possible.
- Support local sports clubs through annual club forums with expert speakers.
- Support local instructors through an annual coaching bursary to provide upskilling opportunities.
Red Kite Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Service
- To provide a helpline service to those who have experienced rape or sexual abuse.
- To listen, empathise and validate callers to the helpline and provide advice and guidance where appropriate.
- To provide onward referrals to victims and survivors of rape and abuse.
- To provide counselling to those who have experienced rape and sexual abuse and need therapy.
Mental health and wellbeing and Stress and anxiety
- Herts Mind Network
- Mind in Mid Herts
- Emotional Health and Wellbeing
- Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
- Exercise and Physical Activity
- NHS - One You
- Active East Herts Online Activities Calendar
- Hertfordshire Health Walks
Support Groups for long term conditions (LTC’s) e.g. lung conditions, epilepsy, dementia
- British Lung Foundation Local Breathe Easy Groups
- Age UK - Dementia Support
- Dementia Friendly Cinema Screenings - Hertford Theatre
- Epilepsy Action
Loneliness and isolation
Adults or children with learning disabilities
Sexual health advice
Learning and training
- Citizens Advice - Watch out for Coronavirus Scams
- Hertfordshire County Council - Happiness, wellbeing and mental health
- Hertfordshire County Council - Drugs and alcohol
- Hertfordshire County Council - Healthy Weight
- Hertfordshire County Council - Long term health conditions
- Hertfordshire County Council - Keep active
- Hertfordshire Adult and Family Learning Service
- Hertfordshire NHS - Your guide to staying well