Health and Wellbeing Advice
The following resources are for all ages and people to help practically with your wellbeing and keeping occupied. The Healthy Hub East Herts is keen to help you whatever your situation to support your own health and wellbeing now and in the future.
Please look at the following categories below which have a range of links and ideas, where there is information related to a particular age it will say so to help you find what you are looking for as easily as possible.
- Nutrition and cooking advice in the COVID-19 crisis
- Nutrition and healthy eating advice
- For family cooking with the kids
- Download the Lunchbox Detectives cookbook
- Food on a budget
- Food for everyone and older people
- Try out some recipes from our Meet and Eat project cookbook
- Asian and Community Food - you can use this booklet for a range of recipes which help you to celebrate Asian and Community food in a healthier way. Watch our film about fusion cooking.
- BeeZee Bodies can provide a number of supportive options for Families and Children aged 5-15 years who would like help with healthy eating and weight management
- The Bishops Stortford Food Bank is here to support anyone in the community who is in food crisis. If you are in need of food then please contact Citizen’s Advice East Herts who will be able to talk to you about your situation and refer you to us for food support. We provide long life items such a tinned soup, vegetable, fruits, pasta, rice etc, as well as fresh fruit and vegetables, bread, butter, cheese, cleaning products and toiletries. If you are in need of food, please talk to someone today so we can help you.
- Exercise and Physical Activity
- NHS - One You
- Active East Herts Online Activities Calendar
- Hertfordshire Health Walks
- PE for children
- Chair work out
- Chair based exercise routine
- Home Fat Burners
- Accessible Yoga
Combined resources for physical activity at home and healthy eating from Hertfordshire Families First
- We know that it can be difficult to talk about death, dying and end of life wishes, but recognise that it can be harder for your loved ones if you don’t.
- To help you Start the Conversation, we invite you to join one of our free workshops. You will learn more about Advance Care Planning and tips to help you start the conversation, with the space and permission to share your own thoughts and stories, and the opportunity to ask questions and learn from each other.
- East Herts - Social Prescribing Service
- Age UK
- Hertfordshire Independent Living Service (HILS) provide a variety of independent promoting support services such as 365 day-a-year meals on wheels service and free in-home exercise support and nutrition and wellbeing
- Five ways to wellbeing
If you have care homes or group settings that may benefit from this scheme to help prevent lockdown loneliness please contact Rachely@chickenshed.org.uk for more details.
Tackling loneliness social media post
Reengage's Call Companion telephone befriending service for +55's
Isabel Hospice's Compassionate Neighbours Scheme Please contact Kharlie Staves for more information on email@example.com
- Chicken shed living letters - generations connecting
- Chicken shed living letters - frequently asked questions
- Citizens Advice - Watch out for Coronavirus Scams
Hertfordshire County Council - Happiness, wellbeing and mental health
- Hertfordshire County Council - Drugs and alcohol
- Hertfordshire County Council - Healthy Weight
- Hertfordshire County Council - Long term health conditions
- Hertfordshire County Council - Keep active
- Hertfordshire Adult and Family Learning Service
- Hertfordshire NHS - Your guide to staying well
- Puzzles for young children
- Puzzles for older children
- Creative drawing range of resources
- Drawing with numbers for young children
- BBC bitesize
- Home schooling
- Music to relax with or something more upbeat
- Digital skills learning and grants
- HAFLS - Hertfordshire Adult and Family Learning Service access a full range of courses from maths and english, business administration to digital skills and wellbeing
- Building Better Opportunities – BBO volunteering and routes into employment