The Armed Forces Community Covenant
East Herts Council has signed up to and supports the Hertfordshire Community Covenant.
The Hertfordshire Community covenant aims to:
- encourage local communities to support the service community
- promote understanding and awareness among the public of issues affecting the armed forces community
- recognise and remember the sacrifices faced by the armed forces community
- encourage activities which help to integrate the armed forces community into local life
- encourage the armed forces community to help and support the wider community, whether through participation in events and joint projects, or other forms of engagement.
Why is it important?
Members of the armed forces make a significant contribution to this country and many risk their lives for it. East Herts Council recognises that returning from service can be difficult, and is committed to supporting forces personnel and their families.
- Continue to give armed forces personnel additional priority when applying for social housing
- Continue to offer Everyone Active fitness membership discounts to armed forces personnel
- Commemorate members of the armed forces in our street names