Food Safety Training Courses
The CIEH Foundation Certificate in Food Safety is a 4 hour course (9am to 1pm) with additional home study course work. It costs £40 per person.
Foundation in Food Safety Homestudy Coursework
These are the documents and slides you will need to carry out your home study tasks.
Foundation Food Safety Certificate Dates
Fees include tea/coffee, information pack and examination fee:
- Thursday November 28th - Wallfields, Hertford.
- Thursday 12th March 2020, Wallfields, Hertford.
A CIEH online food course is being investigated too, details on this will be available soon.
A new course booking form will be available shortly. To secure your place now, you can enrol by phone T: 01279 655261 and ask for the Housing and Health Business Support Team. You will need your credit card details to hand.
Online Training Courses
In addition to our Food Safety Foundation courses we run at the Hertford and Bishop's Stortford Offices four times a year, we can now offer a series of additional online training courses which not only cover food related subjects but also a range of other courses which can meet your training and skills needs.
Through working with the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (C.I.E.H) we now have access to a range of course detailed below which can help you with this.
- Asbestos Awareness
- Display Screen Equipment
- Introduction to Environmental Awareness
- Introduction to First Aid Awareness - A first aid awareness induction course
- Level 1 Fire Safety - Provides essential knowledge about fire safety
- Level 1 Food Safety - A food safety / food hygiene induction course
- Level 1 Health & Safety - A health and safety induction course
- Level 2 COSHH - A COSHH compliance course
- Level 2 Food Safety in Catering - English
- Level 2 Food Safety in Catering - Chinese
- Level 2 Food Safety for Manufacturing - English
- Level 2 Food Safety for Manufacturing - Polish
- Level 2 HACCP Principles
- Level 2 Health and Safety in Food Manufacturing - A health and safety compliance course
- Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace - A health and safety compliance course
- Level 2 Principles of Manual Handling - A manual handling compliance course
- Licensing Law Awareness - A licensing law awareness course for induction
- Serving the allergic and food intolerant customer
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- The Equality Act 2010 - Equality & Diversity in your business
- Working at Height
Step 1: Select one or more courses from the list above which will be most useful to you. Each course unit costs £25.00
Step 2: Phone the Housing and Health Business Team on 01992 531502 and pay for one or more courses. You can also provide the details in Step 3 to the team, please note is important to provide the correct email address format.
Step 3: Please email HousingandHealth@eastherts.gov.uk
- give the names of the course(s)modules you would like to do and the language choice
- your name (first name and second name)
- your email address.