Before you fill out the form, please check that East Herts is your local authority by using the Find your local council page on

Report Environmental Pollution

This page contains information on Environmental Pollution including the necessary form to report an issue.

There are many types of Environmental Pollution. Typical pollution complaints are:

  • Noise
  • Smoke emitted from premises or bonfires
  • Fumes or Gas emitted from domestic premises
  • Animals kept in an unacceptable place or manner
  • Any insects emanating from relevant industrial, trade or business premises and being prejudicial to health or a nuisance
  • Artificial light emitted from premises and being prejudicial to health or a nuisance

We can take action in certain cases if you are affected by a statutory nuisance. A statutory nuisance can include noise, emissions of smoke, fumes or gases, dust, steam and smell. The nuisance must be coming from a premises and must materially affect the use or enjoyment of other surrounding premises.

If you would like to report Environmental Pollution, please fill in the following form. Please note we are open Monday to Friday and will aim to respond to you within 5 working days.

Report Environmental Pollution

Red asterisk denotes a required answer.

Contact Details


Complaint Details

What is the problem(s) you would like to report?
What is the problem(s)
If other, please provide details
 If this is not the first instance, describe how frequently this has been occurring.

Source of the noise or nuisance

Maximum 3 files.
15 MB limit.
Allowed types: gif, jpg, png.
100 MB limit per form.

Data Protection

For the purposes of current data protection laws the information you supply the Council as part of your application will be used for the purposes of dealing with your request and retained as per our published corporate data protection privacy policy which can be found on the East Herts District Council Data Protection page (this link opens in a new window).

From time to time this information may be shared with other Council departments and / or outside partners to process your request as effectively as possible. Please confirm you have read the above privacy notice