The Healthy Hub East Herts guide to living with lockdown
The following resources are for all ages and people to help practically with your wellbeing and keeping occupied. The Healthy Hub East Herts is keen to help you whatever your situation to support your own health and wellbeing now and in the future.
Please look at the following categories below which have a range of links and ideas, where there is information related to a particular age it will say so to help you find what you are looking for as easily as possible.
Wholesome and healthy food
- For family cooking with the kids
- Download the Lunchbox Detectives cookbook
- Food on a budget
- Food for everyone and older people
- Try out some recipes from our Meet and Eat project cookbook
- Asian and Community Food - you can use this booklet for a range of recipes which help you to celebrate Asian and Community food in a healthier way.
Keeping active and well
Combined resources for physical activity at home and healthy eating from Hertfordshire Families First
Lots of resources for all ages including links to downloadable apps from Hertfordshire Families First
Local mental health and wellbeing support
Please see the Healthy Hub East Herts local partners section about the services they offer
Mental health and wellbeing at work
Home schooling and Educational resources
For families including those with special educational needs and learning disabilities from Hertfordshire Families First
Learning and training – something different
Why not learn about something you don’t normally have the time or energy to focus on
- Music to relax with or something more upbeat
- Digital skills learning and grants
Connecting residents and reducing isolation
- Age UK
- Five ways to wellbeing
- Chicken shed living letters - generations connecting
- Chicken shed living letters - frequently asked questions
- If you have care homes or group settings that may benefit from this scheme to help prevent lockdown loneliness please contact Rachely@chickenshed.org.uk for more details.
- Tackling loneliness social media post
Project ideas for your community
If you would like to use your community or town benches in this way please seek permission from your town or parish council first and observe current Covid-safe guidelines.