Ware Neighbourhood Plan
|Date of Designation Request||Body Submitting Request||Designation Agreed||Pre-Submission Consultation (Reg 14)||Submission to East Herts (Reg 15)||6 week Consultation (Reg 16)||Examination||Referendum||Adoption|
|11 May 2018||Ware Town Council||11 Sept 2018||April-June 2022||31 October 2022||1 December 2022 - 26 January 2023|
Current Stage - Public Consultation (Reg16)
On the 31 October 2022 Ware Town Council submitted the Neighbourhood Plan to East Herts District Council under Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012.
A consultation is now underway for a period of 8 weeks from the 1 December 2022 – 26 January 2023.
Representations must be received by 5pm on Thursday 26 January 2023.
The submission documents can be viewed below:
- Ware Neighbourhood Plan
- Consultation Statement
- Basic Conditions Statement
- SEA and HRA Screening Determination
Paper copies of the documents can be viewed at East Herts Council in Hertford, Ware Town Council and Ware library. For more information, see the publicity statement.
Representations received under Regulation 16 regarding the plan proposal will be forwarded to an appointed examiner, who will assess the plan proposal and supporting documents against the basic conditions. These basic conditions are:
- having regard to national policies and advice contained in guidance issued by the Secretary of State, it is appropriate to make the neighbourhood development plan;
- the making of the neighbourhood development plan contributes to the achievement of sustainable development;
- the making of the neighbourhood development plan is in general conformity with the strategic policies contained in the development plan for the area of the authority (or any part of that area);
- the making of the neighbourhood development plan does not breach, and is otherwise compatible with, EU obligations, and
- prescribed conditions are met in relation to the neighbourhood development plan and prescribed matters have been complied with in connection with the proposal for the neighbourhood development plan.
Please use the online comment form to make a representation. Alternatively, responses can be emailed to email@example.com or paper copies can be posted to the Council Offices in Hertford only (address below):
- Planning Policy Team, East Herts Council, Wallfields, Pegs Lane, Hertford, Herts, SG13 8EQ
Within the comment form, there is the option to be notified of the Local Planning Authorities decision to ‘make’ the Neighbourhood Plan under Regulation 19. That is the decision whether or not to make the Neighbourhood Plan part of the development plan for East Herts District.
Please tick the appropriate box.
Any representations made should be addressed ‘FAO Policy & Implementation’.
Pre-Submission Consultation (Reg 14)
Ware Town Council is consulting on their draft Neighbourhood Plan until the 24th June 2022. The plan will then be submitted to East Herts Council. For more information and to view the Draft Neighbourhood Plan please see the Ware Town Council’s website.
Neighbourhood Area Designation
The Ware Neighbourhood Area includes the entirety of the town council’s boundary, excluding land allocated to the north and east of Ware (WARE2) in the District Plan (2018). It was declared a Neighbourhood Area on the 11 September 2018. The designation request and map defining the area can be viewed below: