Old River Lane Supplementary Planning Documents
The Council is in the process of preparing a draft Old River Lane Supplementary Planning Document (SPD). The SPD will set out the Council’s aspirations for the redevelopment of the Old River Lane site, with the ambition to create a well-designed development that responds to the character of the surrounding area. The SPD will:
- Set out the existing planning policy framework for bringing forward appropriate redevelopment of Old River Lane;
- Establish placemaking and design principles;
- Improve the quality of proposals;
- Ensure high quality design.
The emerging SPD, when adopted, will be a material consideration in assessing the quality of proposals as they evolve and in the decision making on future planning applications.
The draft Old River Lane SPD is supported by the following documents:
The Council would like to hear your views on the draft Old River Lane SPD and is holding a 4-week public consultation between 5 July 2022 and 2 August 2022.
How to respond to the Consultation
There are several ways in which you can respond:
Online: You can access the online Consultation Portal directly using the following link: http://consult.eastherts.gov.uk/portal
By email: A comment form for the consultation is available online, which you can complete and return by email to the Planning Policy Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By post: Alternatively you can send your completed comment form to East Herts Council, Planning Policy Team, Wallfields, Pegs Lane, Hertford, Herts, SG13 8EQ.
Hard copies of the Old River Lane SPD are available for public inspection at:
- East Herts District Council (Hertford Office): Wallfields, Pegs Lane, Hertford, SG13 8EQ. The office is open 10am – 4pm every Tuesday.
- East Herts District Council (Bishop’s Stortford Office): Charringtons House, Bishops Stortford, CM23 2ER. The office is open 10am – 4pm every Wednesday.
- Bishop’s Stortford Town Council: The Old Monastery, Windhill, Bishop’s Stortford, CM23 2ND. The Town Council is open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.
- Bishop’s Stortford Library: The Causeway, Bishop’s Stortford, CM23 2JE. The Library is open Monday 10am-7pm, Tuesday-Friday 10am-6pm, Saturday 10am-5pm, and Sunday 12pm-4pm.
The deadline for comments is 5pm on Tuesday 2 August 2022. Please note the Council cannot guarantee that responses received after this deadline will be considered. If you have any queries about any aspect of the consultation please contact a member of the Planning Policy Team.