Polling Places Review
- View the Notice of Review
- East Herts Draft Polling Scheme 2023
- Notice of publication of the revised register of electors
Comments on the attached proposals and/or alternative suggestions for polling districts or polling places are invited and may be submitted by 20 January 2023 to email@example.com or by post to The Electoral Services Manager, Wallfields, Pegs Lane, Hertford, SG13 8EQ.
At the conclusion of the review all relevant documents, including representations made and the agreed scheme of polling districts and polling places to be used from May 2023 onwards, will be published on the Council’s website.
The electoral register for East Hertfordshire will be revised and re-published on 15 February 2023 to reflect the changes made.
- Comments from the Acting Returning Officer for Stevenage
- Comments from the Acting Returning Officer for North-East Hertfordshire
- A polling district is a smaller part of an electoral area. They can be thought of as the building blocks from which different council wards and parliamentary constituencies are built from. A polling district cannot be shared between two electoral areas - such as a parish.
- A polling place is the building or area in which the polling stations will be selected by the (Acting) Returning Officer
- A polling station is the room or building where voting takes place.