Fishing in Southern Country Park
Fishing is allowed in Southern Country Park, provided you have a valid rod licence and have purchased a ticket.
From April 2017 East Herts Council will be starting a ticketing scheme for fishing in Southern Country Park; bailiffs will be patrolling the area and issuing tickets subject to a valid rod licence being presented.
Tickets & Rod Licences
Tickets can be purchased on the day at the water's edge from the East Herts Council Bailiff - you must have a valid rod licence.
Rod licences can be purchased from any Post Office in England and Wales, or online from the Post Office website.
Charges are as follows:
- Day ticket - £6
- Under 16 day ticket - £3
- OAP day ticket - £5
Some simple rules will be in place including:
- Fishing times at Southern Country Park are from dawn to dusk - no night fishing is allowed
- You may not fish without a valid rod licence and failure to present one may result in your permission to fish being withdrawn.
- Permit holders over 12 years of age must have a valid rod licence
- All fish must be released back into the water, no fish may be removed from the lake
- Landing nets must be used for large fish
- Ground baiting and loose feeding is prohibited
- No alcohol is to be consumed or loud music played around the lake
- No fires or bottled gas appliances
- No night fishing or camping
- Permit holders will be responsible for the litter at their swim and nearby
- All line, tackle and unused bait must be removed from the water before leaving
A breach of the rules may result in withdrawal of the permission to fish.
If you would like to see the full rules for Southern Country Park, please see.