Fishing in Southern Country Park
Information on fishing rules, tickets and rod licences for Southern Country Park can be found on this page.
Fishing is allowed in Southern Country Park, provided you have a valid rod licence and have purchased a ticket.
Tickets & Rod Licences
Tickets can be purchased on the day at the water's edge from the East Herts Council Bailiff - you must have a valid rod licence.
Rod licences can be purchased from any Post Office in England and Wales, or online from the Post Office website.
Charges are as follows:
- Day ticket - £6
- Under 16 day ticket - £3
- OAP day ticket - £5
Some simple rules will be in place including:
- Fishing times at Southern Country Park are from dawn to dusk - no night fishing is allowed
- You may not fish without a valid rod licence and failure to present one may result in your permission to fish being withdrawn.
- Permit holders over 12 years of age must have a valid rod licence
- All fish must be released back into the water, no fish may be removed from the lake
- Landing nets must be used for large fish
- Ground baiting and loose feeding is prohibited
- No alcohol is to be consumed or loud music played around the lake
- No fires or bottled gas appliances
- No night fishing or camping
- Permit holders will be responsible for the litter at their swim and nearby
- All line, tackle and unused bait must be removed from the water before leaving
A breach of the rules may result in withdrawal of the permission to fish.
If you would like to see the full rules for Southern Country Park, please see .