Brownfield Land Register
For sites to be considered for entry onto the Brownfield Register they must be:
- Previously Developed Land as defined by the NPPF.
- A minimum of 0.25ha or be capable of delivering at least 5 dwellings.
- Suitable- Sites must be appropriate for residential-led development, having regard to the National Planning Policy Framework and local planning policies.
- Available- Owner or Developer must have expressed an intention to sell or develop the land.
- Achievable- Development must be likely to take place within 15 years of entry onto the Register.
The Register will be split into two parts:
Part 1: A list of all the brownfield sites in the District that are considered suitable, available and achievable for residential-led development.
Part 2: A subset of Part 1 that includes sites the Council deem suitable for a grant of 'Permission in Principle' (PiP). A grant of PiP settles the fundamental principles of development (use, location and number of homes). There will be consultation and publicity before a site is entered onto Part 2. Granting PiP does not mean the developer can commence development, a further Technical Details Consent stage is required prior to development starting.
The Register includes sites allocated in the emerging District Plan, sites that already have planning permission, as well as newly identified sites. For further information regarding Brownfield Registers you can visit the governments Brownfield Land Register webpage.
- Part 1 of the Brownfield Register can be viewed on the following Brownfield Land Register Excel Doc
- Site Maps ;
It should be noted that the Council have not proposed any sites for PiP, therefore there are no sites on Part 2 of the Register.
Submitting a site for consideration
If you wish to submit a Brownfield site to the Council for consideration, please complete the Brownfield Land Register Form.
In completing the form you must submit a separate form for each individual site. Please note that submission of the form does not mean the site will be automatically added to the Brownfield Register.