Subject Access Requests

You can us ask whether we use or store your personal information and for copies of the information, this is called the right of access and is commonly known as making a subject access request (SAR).

You can make a SAR to find out: 

  • what personal information we hold about you;
  • how we use it;
  • who we are sharing it with; and 
  • how we received it. 

You can make a SAR either verbally or in writing, however, in order to ensure that we can efficiently and accurately fulfil your SAR, we ask that complete our Subject Access Request Form online or write to The Freedom of Information Officer at East Herts Council, Wallfields, Pegs Lane, Hertford, SG13 8EQ to request for a Subject Access Request Form

You will be required to enclose two forms of identity, for example a formal document, bill with your name/address and your driving licence or passport. This is so that we can verify that you are entitled to your personal information. The timescale for responding to your SAR does not begin until we have verified your identity. 

We will respond to all SARs within one calendar month of receipt and will aim to provide all required information to you within the same period. If we require more information from you, or if your request is unusually complicated, we may require more time and will inform you accordingly.

No fee is payable under normal circumstances. We may charge a reasonable fee for the administrative costs of complying with a request if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive, or if you request further copies of your personal information. Charges will be made in line with our access to information fees.  
For more information please see the Information Commissioner’s Office page on your right of access.