|Date of Designation Request||Body Submitting Request||Designation Agreed||Reg 14 Draft Consultation||Reg 15 Submission to EHC||Reg 16 Consultation||Examination||Referendum||Adoption|
|10 August 2017||Hunsdon Parish Council||29 November 2017||1 February - 22 March 2021||November 2021||6 January - 17 February 2022||9 May 2022 - ongoing||-||-|
Current Stage - Independent Examination
Christopher Lockhart-Mummery QC has been appointed to undertake the independent examination of Hunsdon Area Neighbourhood Plan. Correspondence between the examiner, East Herts Council and Hunsdon Parish Council will be published below
The Hunsdon Neighbourhood Plan
|16 June 2022|
The Examiner has decided that a hearing is not required and the examination will be undertaken through written representations:
|22 May 2022|
East Herts Council's response to Examiner's Note 1:
|19 May 2022|
Examiner's question about the referendum area:
|19 May 2022|
Hunsdon Parish Council response to Examiner's Note 1:
|19 May 2022|
Examiner's initial comments:
|9 May 2022|
Public Consultation (Reg 16)
On the 3 November 2021 Hunsdon Parish Council submitted the Hunsdon Neighbourhood Plan to East Herts District Council under Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012.
The submission documents can be viewed below. Should you require an alternative way of inspecting these documents, please call us on 01279 531553. Alternatively hard copies can be viewed by contacting Hunsdon Parish Council.
- Hunsdon Neighbourhood Plan
- Consultation Statement
- Basic Conditions Statement
- SEA Determination Report
To view other background information please follow the link to the Evidence Base.
A consultation took place for a period of 6 weeks from the 6 January – 17 February 2022.
Representations have been forwarded to the examiner. These have been forwarded to the examiner, who will assess the plan proposal and supporting documents against the basic conditions. These basic conditions are:
- having regard to national policies and advice contained in guidance issued by the Secretary of State, it is appropriate to make the neighbourhood development plan;
- the making of the neighbourhood development plan contributes to the achievement of sustainable development;
- the making of the neighbourhood development plan is in general conformity with the strategic policies contained in the development plan for the area of the authority (or any part of that area);
- the making of the neighbourhood development plan does not breach, and is otherwise compatible with, EU obligations, and
- prescribed conditions are met in relation to the neighbourhood development plan and prescribed matters have been complied with in connection with the proposal for the neighbourhood development plan.
Pre-Submission Consultation (Reg 14)
Hunsdon Parish Council consulted on their Draft Neighbourhood Plan from the 1 February until 22 March 2021.
For more information, please see The Regulation 14 Consultation Pre-submission Version of the Hunsdon Area Neighbourhood Plan.
For more information please see Hunsdon Area Neighbourhood Plan website.
Neighbourhood Area Designation
The Hunsdon Parish was declared a Neighbourhood Area on the 28 November 2017. The designated Neighbourhood Plan Area covers the Parish of Hunsdon although part of the Parish is excluded and forms part of the joint Gilston, Eastwick and Hunsdon Neighbourhood Plan. The designation request and map defining the area can be viewed below: