Taxi Driver's Licence - Application/Renewal
Before completing your application form please ensure that you have met all the requirements to become a licensed taxi driver.
Cornonavirus - Covid19
Following government advice the Licensing Office is currently closed. Officers are still available via email@example.com or via the main switchboard on 01279 655261. If your licence is due for renewal please complete the online application.
- Correspondence and documents: should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you cannot email documents then they can be sent via the post or dropped in through the letter box at Wallfields but this may cause some time delay;
- If you really need to speak to an officer: Either email the above address explaining what it is you want to discuss or if you do not have an email address call 01279 655261 and request a call back.
- NOTE: If you call any of the existing telephone numbers then it is possible that it will not be answered, please do not leave voicemails as officers may not be able to pick up the messages.
- Criminal record checks: If you require a basic Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) then please apply via the Gov.UK website. If your enhanced DBS check becomes due then please contact us via email and we will discuss your options.
- Medical checks: We appreciate that you may have issues with getting your medical done if it becomes due. If you can’t get a medical in time then please let us know via email and we can discuss the options.
Interview with Licensing Officer
Once you have completed your application form you can make a booking appointment online. We will take payment of £103 on the day of the interview.
If you are a NEW application, please call up on 01279 655261 to make a deposit payment and we will take the rest of payment on the day of the appointment
You MUST bring two recent passport photographs with you to this appointment.