Make a Formal Complaint

Please use the link to the form below to outline the nature of your complaint.

Our Complaints Procedure

Stage 1 – We will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days and pass this for investigation by the Complaints Champion of the service concerned. We aim to get a full response to you within 10 working days. If this is not possible, we will contact you to update you on the investigation within this time and let you know when you can expect a reply.

Stage 2 -If you are not satisfied with our response you can appeal to the Head of Service either in writing, email or via our on line form within 14 days.

We hope that we can sort out your problem, but if you have followed our complaints procedure and you are still not happy, you may contact the Local Government Ombudsman’s Helpline Team.

They are open Monday-Friday, 8.30am-5pm

The Local Government Ombudsman,PO Box 4771, Coventry, CV4 0EH

Phone: 0300 061 0614

If you are unable to use this form, please see our Contact Us (this link opens in a new window) for ways of getting in touch

What service do you wish to contact us about?

What service do you wish to contact us about?
If other, please provide more details
If you have selected Streetlights, Potholes or Highways, this is not a responsibility of East Herts and you will need to contact Hertfordshire County Council

If your enquiry is anything else, please select a different option from the list.

Your Contact Details

We will reply to complaints coming into the Council through this method via email, unless requested otherwise

For the purposes of current data protection laws the information you supply the Council as part of your application will be used for the purposes of dealing with your request and retained as per our published corporate data protection privacy policy which can be found on the East Herts District Council Data Protection page (this link opens in a new window).

From time to time this information may be shared with other Council departments and / or outside partners to process your request as effectively as possible. Please confirm you have read the above privacy notice