Tell Us Once

Tell Us Once is a service that lets you report a death to most government organisations in one go.

What is the Tell Us Once service?

During the upsetting and stressful time of losing someone, you will need to notify many government agencies. With your permission, the free and optional Tell Us Once service allows you to tell all those government agencies in one go.

How do I use the service?

Before using the service, you will need to register the death. During the appointment the registrar will give you a unique reference number and advise you about how to use the service.

Who does the Tell Us Once service notify?

  • Adult Services
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Blue Badge Parking Permit
  • Carer's Allowance
  • Child Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Children's Services
  • Council Housing
  • Council Tax
  • Council Tax Benefit
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)
  • Electoral Services
  • Employment Support Allowance
  • Housing Benefit
  • Identity and Passport Service (IPS)
  • Incapacity Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Library Services
  • Overseas Health Team
  • Owe payments to Council
  • Tax Help for Older People
  • Working Tax Credit