Hertford Theatre - Construction Stage Update
In March 2022 the Council agreed a £24m budget to deliver the exciting plans for redevelopment of Hertford Theatre.
Hertford Theatre's £24 million Growth and Legacy Development will transform the theatre into a thriving hub for arts and culture.
Planning permission is in place and the contract has been awarded to regional contractor, and Hertfordshire based, GPF Lewis.
Enabling works are now underway to prepare the site for construction.
The centre is set to include:
- Three bespoke, first release cinema screens, with capacities of 81, 65 and 54 seats.
- Increased seating capacity in main auditorium from 400 to 550 seats, including introduction of a new dress circle level.
- New community spaces.
- A public plaza style foyer, new riverside café and 1st floor bar.
- Improved access to all areas of the building so that artists can better reach the stage, backstage and the dressing rooms
Video from public consultation September 2020
Watch the video below to see and hear a little about what the theatre could look like and meet the project team. This video was used during the public consultation which took place during September 2020.
- Hertford Theatre Consultation Video Transcript (Word version)
- Hertford Theatre Consultation Video Transcript (PDF version)