Each site has three levels of orienteering maps:
- Easy (suitable for less able users)
- Medium (slightly longer than easy with more challenging navigation)
- Hard (uses all of the park, ideal if you want to stretch your legs).
Using the Maps
Just follow these 3 easy steps to have a go!
- Download the required map.
- Once armed with a map get to the start area, which is marked on your map with a red triangle, the finish is two red circles.
- Using the map the idea is to navigate your way around the course in numerical order. In the middle of each circle you will find a large post with coloured bands on. These indicate which course the post belongs to. You also need to look out for the small circular plaque that has a number on it. If you want to be competitive you can record these numbers as you go around and submit them to us at the end to see if you visited them in the correct order.
Southern Country Park
From Thorley Lane Car Park (Thorley Lane East, Bishops Stortford, Herts, CM23 4BH) go through the gate in the South West Corner of the car park and you will find a post with a 'Friends of Southern Country Park' plaque attached. This is the start and finish.
- Southern Country Park - Easy course [563KB]
- Southern Country Park - Medium course [565KB]
- Southern Country Park - Hard course [593KB]
From Grange Paddocks Leisure Centre (Rye Street, Bishop's Stortford, CM23 2HH) use just through the gate in the north east corner of the car park as your start and finish point.
- Grange paddocks Easy course [406KB]
- Grange paddocks Medium course [420KB]
- Grange paddocks Hard course [443KB]
Start by the Skate bowl next to the younger children's play area near the Leisure Centre (Hartham Lane ,Hertford, SG14 1QR).