New Premises Support Grant
East Herts Council is delighted to announce a £100,000 grant scheme funded by BEIS (Dept. for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy) that will support businesses move into empty premises in the district.
The New Premises Support Grant is open from 1 July 2021 to 31 March 2022 and offers funding of up to £5,000 to cover the costs of moving into vacant commercial premises in East Herts. Eligible costs include minor repairs, utilities connections, rent, rates and service charges, legal fees, insurance and marketing.
Payment will be made in two advance instalments and grant applicants will be expected to provide financial evidence (receipts and invoices) to demonstrate how the grant has been spent. East Herts Council has a limited amount of funds to disperse (£100,000) and therefore grants will be issued on a first come basis.
- The scheme is primarily aimed at supporting businesses move into vacant premises in East Herts
- All applicants must have a signed lease agreement in place with a landlord/agency when applying
- All applicants must have a business that operates in East Herts and uses a UK bank account
- There is no start date as to when a business was set up but businesses must be currently trading. Indicators of trading can include:
- Businesses that have staff on furlough – furlough extension to 30 Sept 2021
- Businesses that continues to trade online, via click and collect services etc.
- Businesses that are not in liquidation, dissolved, struck off or subject to a striking off notice or under notice
- Businesses engaged in business activity; managing accounts, preparing for reopening, planning and implementing COVID-safe measures
- All businesses applying must have received less than £335,000 worth of Covid-19 support
- Businesses that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum permitted levels of subsidy will not be eligible to receive funding (in receipt of £335,000 of COVID-19 support)
- For the avoidance of doubt, businesses that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made, are not eligible for funding under this scheme
- Businesses that apply for this funding as a wage support mechanism or for capital projects that do not provide business support
- Applicants not registered with HMRC, Companies House, or the Charity Commission
All applicants must:
- Have a signed lease agreement in place with a landlord/agency
- Provide up to date bank statements
- Provide proof of ID such as a valid driving licence or passport
For any queries regarding eligibility for this funding opportunity please email: Chris.Smith@eastherts.gov.uk
Before you begin your application you will need to have the following ready to upload:
- a copy of your latest business bank statement, showing recent transactions and that shows account name, sort code and account number. An image of online transactions is not sufficient
- a signed copy of the lease agreement in place with the landlord/agency of the property you wish to rent for your business
- proof of ID - for example a copy of your passport or driving license.