Based at the council’s offices at Wallfields, Hertford and Charringtons House, Bishop’s Stortford, they’ll offer information and group sessions on a wide range of topics. Anyone who contacts the council about a range of issues will, where appropriate, be invited to join the Healthy Hub East Herts. You’ll then be able to find out about health and wellbeing services and information sessions.
Eric Buckmaster, executive member for wellbeing, said: “The healthy hubs will be the go-to place for anyone wanting support to tackle health issues. They’ll be able to signpost people to a wide range of services from advice and group sessions to training and skills opportunities.”
The services available through the healthy hubs include:
- Healthy lifestyle advice including stop smoking, nutrition advice and opportunities to be more physically active
- Group support and presentations focused on health and wellbeing themes
- Mental health and wellbeing referral to local services
- Referral to specific wellbeing support
- Referral to training and skills opportunities with local providers.
To find out more visit our webpage.