This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start their career as a planning professional. If you have just finished your studies in Geography or just looking for an entry level into Planning this could be the ideal opportunity for you to join our welcoming and progressive Development Management team.
We are looking for enthusiastic, hard-working individual who is keen to learn. You will undertake administrative and technical tasks to support the delivery of the Planning Service (planning applications, planning enforcement and conservation and urban design). You will be responsible for all technical tasks involved in the validation of all planning and related applications and appeals and the generation and maintenance of enforcement records and will enable the improvement of the delivery of the service where necessary.
The Planning Support Team supports the delivery of a service that is efficient, effective, meets performance targets and provides high quality output. It is a team that is responsive to customer needs and works in a way that is proactive and seeks to improve where there are opportunities to do so.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all technical tasks involved in the validation of all planning and related applications and appeals and the generation and maintenance of enforcement records.
- All administrative tasks required to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the Planning service (to include DM and Planning Policy) and will enable the improvement of the delivery of the service where necessary.
- Act as a first point of contact for customers of the service, dealing with communications proactively, responding to enquiries where they are able to, signposting customers to other services where appropriate and ensuring that effective communication is maintained when it is necessary for enquiries/ cases to be assigned to Planning Officers to address.
This role will suit a highly motivated individual who enjoys working under pressure and to tight deadlines in a busy, friendly environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- English and Maths to GCSE standard, NVQ in administration or equivalent
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of planning and the built environment
- Ability to demonstrate commensurate experience in an administrative work environment
- Proven well developed skills of Microsoft applications and Outlook
- Able to demonstrate efficient, effective and proactive communication skills
How to apply
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Paul Burt, Planning Support Manager on 01992 531573.
To apply for this role please click on the application form at the top right hand side of this page.
Closing date: 4th July at 17:00
Interviews will be held on: Week commencing 11th July.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has not been successful.
If your application has been successful, the recruiting manager will contact you to invite you to an interview. We hope you enjoy the process and look forward to making contact with you very soon.
EHC is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, religious belief age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity