An opportunity has arisen to join the Council’s Joint Waste Management section, working in partnership for both East and North Hertfordshire District Councils. The role is primarily office based with the main office in Buntingford and will require the successful candidate to administer and provide service support to waste, recycling, street cleansing services including public conveniences to ensure that they are carried out to the high standards expected. The role will involve the development of communication material and attendance at community engagement events sometimes in the evening or at weekends. In addition the role requires officers to proactively manage enquiries and complaints from the public on behalf of both Councils and input and analyse data for the two districts. You will liaise with residents and local businesses about their waste responsibilities, providing advice and guidance.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Be confident in dealing with difficult conversations and be able to communicate effectively residents and contractors.
- Work well as part of a team in a multi functional service environment.
- Have experience of administration and data management
- Have experience of implementing and sustaining a high quality customer care approach to service delivery for customers
- Have a desire to promote the councils services and encourage participation.
- Have an ability to develop and provide statistical reports
- Have an ability work with a variety of software packages
How to apply
To apply for a position you must complete the online application form and submit it to be received by us no later than midday on the closing date. Please note that we do not accept CV applications, either on their own or accompanying application forms. Therefore please ensure that all relevant information is provided on the application form.
The application can be found on https://www.north-herts.gov.uk/service-development-and-support-officer-maternity-cover