An opportunity has arisen to join the Council’s Joint Waste Management section, working in partnership for both East and North Hertfordshire District Councils. The role is primarily field based with the main office in Buntingford and will require the successful candidate to monitor and review the Council’s various waste management contracts which cover waste, recycling, street cleansing services and public conveniences. In addition the role requires officers to proactively manage enquiries and complaints from the public on behalf of both Councils and undertake local environmental quality inspections across the two districts.
The successful applicant will:
- Have an interest in the environment and waste management.
- Have a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Be confident in dealing with difficult conversations and be able to communicate effectively with contractors, residents and other stakeholders.
- Work well as part of a team in a multi functional service environment.
- Have a desire to promote the councils services and encourage participation.
- Have a driving license; works vehicle will be provided.
How to apply
To apply for a position you must complete the online application form and submit it to be received by us no later than midday on the closing date. Please note that we do not accept CV applications, either on their own or accompanying application forms. Therefore please ensure that all relevant information is provided on the application form.
To apply, please follow the link to the North Herts Website