An opportunity for a Technical Officer has become available to work at East Herts Council as part of the Environmental Health team. This is an exciting time for you to join us and develop your career as we work towards a safe and healthy environment for the residents, workers and visitors of East Herts.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
• To identify, investigate, analyse, evaluate and advise on issues and solutions relating to food safety, occupational health and safety, private water supplies, environmental health licensing and infectious disease control.
• Take appropriate enforcement action (informal warnings, service of notices, issuing fixed penalty notices, give evidence in court, obtain warrants to enter premises etc) in accordance with council policies and procedures and initiate legal proceedings as necessary.
• Assist in the planning and undertaking of a programme of food sampling as required.
• Actively support the environmental health work associated with festivals and large events including working with partner organisations and representing the team at the Safety Advisory Group as needed.
This role will suit students who have completed their Higher certificate in Food Premises Inspections, as well as graduate /newly qualified Environmental Health Officers, wishing to start or enhance their career in Environmental Health.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Certificate of registration with the Environmental Health Registration Board (EHRB) for the Higher Certificate in Food Premises Inspections.
• A theoretical knowledge of Environmental Health principles including knowledge of enforcement and regulation.
• Investigative and analytical skills necessary for dealing with telephone complaints, customer feedback and assessing complex data / technical reports.
• Excellent written skills, with the ability to write schedules of work, summarise accurately and convey complex information.
• Demonstrate good interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively negotiate and influence.
• Flexible approach to work, with a keenness to adapt and develop new ideas and initiatives to meet changing work requirements.
How to apply
For a confidential and informal discussion about this role, please contact Alimat Adenekan on 01992 531469 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this role please click on the application form at the top right hand side of this page.
Closing date: 8 March 2021 at 9am.
Interviews will be held in week commencing 22 March 2021.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has not been successful.
If your application has been successful, the recruiting manager will contact you to invite you to an interview. We hope you enjoy the process and look forward to making contact with you very soon.
EHC is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, religious belief age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity