An opportunity for an experienced Digital Content Manager has become available to work as part of the council’s communications team. This is an exciting time for you to join us and develop your career as we respond to COVID-19 and look to enhance online access to our services for customers as set out in our corporate plan.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for all things digital media and, if successful, will be responsible for the council’s website and intranet as well as monitoring the effectiveness of digital media content and the councils’ online presence from customer/user perspective - identifying new functionality/ improvements to benefit the council and customers.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
• Conceptualising, implementing and managing user focused digital content across the council to meet customer and corporate objectives
• Devising, implementing and maintaining standards for all digital media content accessibility and design
• Creating, designing and editing high quality and appropriate content for the council’s digital media in conjunction with council services
• Planning new and innovative ways to utilise digital media as a key communication tool
• Contributing to, and advising on, the development and implementation of new and enhanced online services and support the transformation and channel shift agenda
• Delivering training for staff on how to update various platform and current best practice
• Maintaining an overview of all the council digital platforms to ensure a coherent customer journey is maintained and that branding across sites remains consistent
• Evaluating and monitoring the council’s email marketing and plan new email marketing campaigns to optimise customer engagement
This role will suit a creative, enthusiastic team player who enjoys a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
• recognised qualification and relevant experience in digital communications
• excellent working knowledge of the relevant legislation and regulations (WCAG 2.1, GDPR)
• specific knowledge of content management systems
• experience of site search optimisation and information architecture principles
• creativity and an ability to communicate information to different audiences
• experience of setting goals in Google Analytics, creating tracked links and campaigns
• a track record of project delivery
• the ability to deal with challenging situations using tact and diplomacy
• excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
• experience of working with multiple stakeholders from the public and private sector
How to apply
To apply for this role please click on the application form at the top right hand side of this page.
Closing date: 14th March at midnight.
Interviews will be held on: 23rd & 24th March.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has not been successful.
If your application has been successful, the recruiting manager will contact you to invite you to an interview. We hope you enjoy the process and look forward to making contact with you very soon.
EHC is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, religious belief age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity