Renewable Heat Premium Payment
What can you use the money for?
Installing renewable heating technologies in your home such as:
- solar thermal hot water - £600
- heat pumps - up to £1,300
- biomass boilers - £2,000
How the money is paid?
The money is paid through the Renewable Heat Premium Payment scheme.
The money doesn't have to be paid back but you may have to agree to give information about your energy usage e.g., by completing a survey or having a meter installed.
If you qualify, you'll be sent a voucher confirming how much money you'll get. The money is paid to you when the system is installed and certified.
How do you qualify?
- you live in England, Scotland or Wales
- you own the property or have permission from the owner to install the new system
- the property is your main home or is lived in for most of the year
- the product and installer are approved
- the property already has basic energy efficiency measures (where possible) - eg loft insulation
- you have planning permission to install the new system (if necessary)
- the new system will be the property's main source of heating (heat pumps and biomass boiler grants only)
- you had a Green Deal assessment before submitting a claim
If mains gas is the property's main heating system you'll only be eligible for solar thermal grants.
Approved products and installers
The product and installer must be approved by the Microgeneration Certification Scheme, Solar Keymark or their equivalents. You can check this with the Energy Saving Trust.
How to claim
You can apply online on the Energy Saving Trust website.
If you have any questions please contact the Energy Saving Trust, email email@example.com or call 0300 123 1234 Mon - Fri (9am - 8pm) Sat (10am - 2pm).