Student Exemption and Discount Review
We are carrying out a review of Council Tax discounts currently in place across East Herts. If you've received a request for information about your student exemption please complete our review form using the link below.
For the purpose of a Council Tax discount/exemption a student is defined as a person who is undertaking a:
Full-time course of education :
- Subsists for at least one academic year
- Requires attendance for at least 24 weeks in each year: and
- Requires study, tuition or work experience for an average of 21 hours per week.
Or a qualifying course of education:
- Person must be aged under 20 years
- The course must subsist for at least 3 calendar months
- Exceeds 12 hours per week on relevant activities
- Does not include evening classes or correspondence courses
Please fill in the form below
Red asterisk denotes a required answer.