Coronavirus and Businesses
New business grant schemes available
See below for further information
There are a number of grants and rate relief schemes open to support businesses:
Business Rates Relief
The 2022/23 Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Business Rates Relief scheme will provide eligible, occupied, retail, hospitality and leisure properties with a 50% relief, up to a cash cap limit of £110,000 per business.
Under the Expanded Retail Discount scheme, businesses may be eligible for a 100% discount from 1 April 2021 to 30 June 2021 followed by a 66% discount until 31 March 2022.
3. COVID-19 Additional Relief Fund (CARF) - The scheme closes on 17 June 2022
The aim of this scheme is to provide Business Rates Relief, therefore reducing the chargeable amount for the financial year 2021/22 only, to those who have been adversely affected by the pandemic and have been unable to adequately adapt to the impact.
More information and advice
- Report a Coronavirus outbreak in your business
- Coronavirus and Operating your business safely
- Hertfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership website
- British Chamber of Commerce website
- National Federation of Self Employed and Small Businesses (FSB) website
- Government support for businesses
See the latest government advice about COVID-19 support for businesses.