Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG)
The Local Restrictions Support Grants (LRSG ) which helped businesses ordered to close in local tier 3 lockdowns, is now available for business required to close in national measures.
Please note - The application below is only for those business that have liability for business rates. You will need to quote your 9 digit business rates account number that begins with 1.
We will be providing information on the discretionary scheme as soon as possible.
A business may be eligible if it :
- Occupies a property and has liability for business rates
- Has been required to close from 5th November 2020, following the second national lockdown and was trading up to this date.
- Has been unable to provide its usual in-person customer service from its premises.
Businesses will not be eligible if
- It has been able to continue to operate during the period of restrictions because it does not depend on providing direct in-person services from the premises
- It has chosen to close but it not required to do so as part of the national/local restrictions
- Has reached the state aid limits. (The national business support grant counts towards state aid.) If you have reached the limit , you may still be eligible for funding under the Covid-19 Temporary Framework rules where the limit is €800,000
- Businesses that were in administration are insolvent or where a striking off notice has been made at the date of local lockdown.
- For properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or under, the grant is £1,334 per 28 day qualifying restriction period
- For properties with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 the grant is £2,000 per 28 day qualifying restriction period
- For properties with a rateable value of £51,000 or over grant will be £3,000 per 28 day qualifying restriction period
Please note due to the checks we need to carry out there may be a short delay in issuing payments to eligible businesses.
In addition, further money will be given to Local Authorities, to enable them to support businesses more broadly. These grants are not available yet, but will be backdated to 5th November when the national lockdown began. Please check our website regularly for more information on how to apply for these grants.
Red asterisk denotes a required answer.