About the Healthy Hub Services
The Healthy Hub East Herts will be based at the East Herts Council Wallfields Offices, Hertford and at Charringtons House, Bishop’s Stortford. You can submit your request for help by using the Become a member of the healthy hub section below and a colleague will contact you. Alternatively, if you would like to speak to a Healthy Hub colleague please phone the council on the general enquiry number so you can receive help during the normal opening times of 08:30 - 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Support will be available to help with a range of health, social and wellbeing needs. The services available through the healthy hubs include:
- Healthy lifestyle advice including stop smoking, nutrition advice and opportunities to be more physically active.
- Group support and presentations focused on health and wellbeing themes.
- Services offered by a comprehensive range of health and wellbeing partners.
- Please see the Healthy Hub Partner films and programme examples section to give you an idea of what support is on offer. The local partners section below will also provide you with the types of support the partners can offer you.
- Mental health and wellbeing referral to local services.
- Referral to specific health, wellbeing and social support.
- Please also use the Healthy lifestyle and advice information section below for lots of support options.
- For more great resources on living healthily see the Guide to Living Well in the related pages section.
- Referral to training and skills opportunities with local providers.
To find out more about the Healthy Hub, watch our video below.
If you need information or advice now please click on the series of links below which detail the local partners we work with and the services they provide. The Healthy Lifestyle Advice and Information also provides lots of useful sources.
Mind in Mid Herts
- Mental Health Recovery based service – wellbeing groups - wellbeing and nutrition, wellbeing and exercise
- Prevent relapse and people needing further medical intervention for their mental health problem
- Prevent people from becoming ill and needing medical intervention, through psycho education courses etc.
- Social support for people recovering from mental health issues and to support those with long term conditions becoming socially isolated and lonely offering social support groups, art, crafts, music etc.
Herts Mind Network
- We will not give up until everyone experiencing mental ill health gets support, to help them on their road to recovery
- As a client led organisation, the views and needs of clients and those who care for them are always listened to and considered in our service development. We aim to create an environment of opportunity, where you can realise self-development and personal growth
- We are the largest ‘open access’ provider of mental health services in Hertfordshire
- We recognise that recovery means different things to different people. Therefore, we work in collaboration with each individual person, to promote and support this by developing a personalised approach, so that your needs are realistically met.
- Promote health and wellbeing through social & therapeutic horticulture, training and work opportunities to people with learning disabilities and mental health concerns.
- To provide facilities in Hertfordshire including horticultural sites and a working café for use by vulnerable people.
- To develop social and work related skills of people with learning disabilities and mental health concerns through the provision of therapy, training, meaningful work experience and employment opportunities to help integrate people into their community.
- To raise awareness of learning disabilities and mental health concerns and help integrate people with learning disabilities into their community through our community- based projects, as well as providing opportunities for local schools and colleges to access our facilities.
CVS Broxbourne and East Herts
- CVSBEH provides a diverse range of services to develop, enhance and empower voluntary and community groups to effectively serve their communities across Broxbourne and East Herts.
- For those who are new to the ‘Voluntary Sector’ or simply want to find out about groups working locally, CVSBEH is a first point of contact.
- We can provide advice and support on funding and governance to local groups and organisations.
- CVSBEH can help new and existing groups to meet local changing needs through planning and other organisational matters.
- For individuals, CVSBEH can help develop personal and professional skills through signposting, volunteer recruitment and providing free and affordable training courses.
Future Living Hertford
- Future Living provides therapeutic care and complementary therapies to clients in recovery from domestic abuse and addiction.
- As a health and wellbeing centre it engages with a range of practical and holistic programmes to support clients back into life.
- If offers a range of training and volunteering opportunities to clients enabling them to become independent again
- It enables clients to clients to reconnect with their community and feel supported through our community café.
Citizens Advice East Herts Service
- Citizens Advice East Herts is an independent local charity that provide free impartial advice on range of issues to people in East Herts
- Most common advice issues are benefits (including Universal Credit and tax credits) debt, housing, employment and relationships
- We give advice by telephone, video, email, webchat and Facebook Messenger. We can also see people face to face if needed. Our website contains lots of useful information and signposting.
- Volunteer model means our services are locally delivered by and for the community
Carers in Hertfordshire
- To provide information advice and support to any unpaid family or friend carer who lives, works or cares in Herts.
- To give carers a collective voice when working with services.
- To provide services that support carers in their role and help them to carry on caring.
- To raise awareness or the needs of carers, and the issues they face, with services and the general public.
Wise About Food
- To generate a wider understanding of healthy eating in the local community and place emphasis on the importance of our relationships with food for general wellbeing.
- To promote individual confidence in cooking, budgeting and meal-planning so that making healthy meals is less of a challenge due to money and time constraints.
- To counter issues of social isolation and mental health by bringing people together and reducing stress or concerns about food.
- To provide educational resources to a variety of targeted demographic groups, such as parents and young people, carers and the elderly, people with mental health problems and those with learning disabilities.
St. Clare’s Hospice
- To support and provide End of Life Care to West Essex and East Herts.
- We are working to identify additional ways to support local people around death dying and loss.
- To challenge our communities to discuss death and dying and hospice services.
- To break stigmas attached to access to Hospice Care.
- At Courtyard we believe art is for everyone. Founded by a group of passionate, local artists it has become Hertford’s leading visual arts centre, and 25 years on we strive to inspire and educate.
- Our aim is to provide a launch pad for all members of the community to achieve their artistic potential, we deliver a broad range of art classes for ages 2 to 102!
- Participation in the arts has proven to have widespread mental health and overall health benefits. Growing social bonds and learning new creative skills helps to reduce stress and depression and increases overall wellbeing and confidence.
- Volunteers help keep our doors open and form a valuable part of our community events and day-to-day operations.
Active East Herts
- Facilitate as many opportunities for as many people to be active as possible.
- Support local sports clubs through annual club forums with expert speakers.
- Support local instructors through an annual coaching bursary to provide upskilling opportunities.
Red Kite Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Service
- To provide a helpline service to those who have experienced rape or sexual abuse.
- To listen, empathise and validate callers to the helpline and provide advice and guidance where appropriate.
- To provide onward referrals to victims and survivors of rape and abuse.
- To provide counselling to those who have experienced rape and sexual abuse and need therapy.
- The Southern Maltings is an artistic space dedicated to providing creative experiences that will enhance the health and well-being of the local and wider community.
- Through the provision of opportunities to learn, practice and experience creativity, we enable people of all ages and abilities to explore, experience and enjoy both their own and others’ artistic endeavours.
- Giving the whole community a space to use, whether it’s to meet new people and form new friendships or learn new skills.
Age Concern Bishop's Stortford
We have a vision of an inclusive society in which older people live well in a joyful and fun environment. A positive society where people enjoy a full range of activities, have strong relationships with people in their communities and to access choice-based activities which support their health and wellbeing.
- Social: To reduce isolation for members within our older community and promote awareness of social isolation to our wider community.
- Health: To provide an environment in which enjoyment through choice-based activities, that promote positive physical and mental well-being, can be accessed, and achieved by members of our older community.
- Education: To provide services that support and educate for positive change to encourage users too become their 'best' self.
Our vision is to provide a connected community to deliver tailored support, that understands everyone is different, and their needs are individual to them.
- We aim to empower individuals' feelings of happiness by developing people led services, projects, and support to reduce wellbeing inequalities.
- Create a cohesive, compassionate, and inclusive environment that encompasses the sustainability goals whilst facilitating connected partnership working with local services to ensure we can educate for positive change.
- To provide affordable, personalised and domestic services which support independent and healthy living to help fund our projects.
The Secret Space
- Our charitable aim is to provide a programme of volunteer and training opportunities to assist people who are stepping forward in their recovery from addiction, those living with Mental Health challenges, survivors of domestic violence, and carers.
- We provide a friendly and welcoming space for everyone, offering Yoga and Meditation, Pilates and Holistic Therapies to the community.
- Our mission is to help people live full and empowered lives, underpinned by a sense of wellbeing and community purpose.
Mental health and wellbeing and Stress and anxiety
- Herts Mind Network
- Mind in Mid Herts
- Emotional Health and Wellbeing
- Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
- Exercise and Physical Activity
- NHS - One You
- Active East Herts Online Activities Calendar
- Hertfordshire Health Walks
Support Groups for long term conditions (LTC’s) e.g. lung conditions, epilepsy, dementia
- British Lung Foundation Local Breathe Easy Groups
- Age UK - Dementia Support
- Dementia Friendly Cinema Screenings - Hertford Theatre
- Epilepsy Action
Loneliness and isolation
Adults or children with learning disabilities
Sexual health advice
Learning and training
- Citizens Advice - Watch out for Coronavirus Scams
- Hertfordshire County Council - Happiness, wellbeing and mental health
- Hertfordshire County Council - Drugs and alcohol
- Hertfordshire County Council - Healthy Weight
- Hertfordshire County Council - Long term health conditions
- Hertfordshire County Council - Keep active
- Hertfordshire Adult and Family Learning Service
- Hertfordshire NHS - Your guide to staying well