Event Notification Request Form

Please use this form to tell the East Herts Safety Advisory Group about your event, and to request a road closure.

Please note, if you require a road closure under the Town Police Clauses Act (1847) you will be required to provide evidence that you have agreement from Police to support your event. Alternatively, you can make an application for a temporary traffic regulation order (TTRO) for road closures via HCC Highways. For further information on TTROs, please visit the Temporary traffic regulation orders page on the Hertfordshire County Council website.  

Road closures, that meet any of the following criteria, will need to be applied for via a TTRO: 

  • A or B roads
  • Rolling Closures
  • High Speed roads are affected 
  • Road closures where a diversion route would need to be signed as alternatives are not obvious or where duration of closures could be problematic without a diversion.
  • Bus routes, where buses are in operation at the time of the closure

Even if you require a road closure via Hertfordshire Highways, please also complete this form to let the Safety Advisory Group know about your event.

Please note that the Safety Advisory Group (SAG) does not grant formal permission to organisers for public events. The SAG does not accept any liability for any loss or damage at any event.

Please complete and return this form as early as possible and note that we can require up to 12 weeks to grant a road closure.


Red asterisk denotes a required answer.

  • Current Organiser Details
  • Event Activities
  • Road Closures
  • Complete
Organiser's Name
Your Address

Event Details

Please note that road closure requests require 12 weeks notice.