Show mobile menu
Show search control
Show search control
Search Site

Animal Licenses

  • Zoo Licence

    A Zoo licence from the Council is needed if wild animals are exhibited to the general public on more than seven days in any 12 consecutive months.

  • Dangerous Wild Animal Licence

    To keep certain of dangerous and exotic animals, individuals and businesses need a licence.

  • Riding Establishment Licence

    To run a riding establishment (where horses or ponies are hired out for riding or used for riding instruction), you need a licence.

  • Dog Breeding Licence

    To operate a dog breeding business on any premises, or where the dog gives birth to five or more litters in any 12-month period, you need to apply for a licence.

  • Pet Shop Licence

    Any person who trades in pets, which means any vertebrate including fish, must possess a valid Pet Shop licence issued by the Council. This includes pet shops and businesses selling animals over the internet.

  • Animal Boarding Licence

    If someone operates a cattery, kennels or home-boarding establishment for dogs then they need to have a licence issued by the Council