Show mobile menu
Show search control
Show search control
Search Site

Supported Housing

Supported housing is accommodation for people who require additional support to either learn the skills to live independently or require long-term support.

There are many types of supported accommodation that East Herts council can refer applicants in housing need to. 

Sheltered Housing

Sheltered housing is especially designed with the needs of older people in mind. It is run and maintained by a number of different registered providers is available to residents who feel that they require support to live independently in their own home.

If you are over the age of 55 or disabled and need support to live independently then you are able to apply for sheltered housing. You will need to complete an online housing register application and, if required, a medical form.

Once your completed application has been assessed and you have been included on the housing register, we will write to you and tell you your registration date, how many points you have. We will also tell you your unique HomeOption number and you will be sent information on how to bid for Sheltered Housing properties through HomeOption.

Please visit our Apply for Housing page to start your application. 

Sheltered Housing Schemes in East Herts

Cornwall HouseBishop's StortfordSouth Anglia Housing Association
Kent CrescentBishop's StortfordSouth Anglia Housing Association
Valley CourtBishop's StortfordSouth Anglia Housing Association
FirlandsBishop's StortfordSouth Anglia Housing Association
Chestnut CloseBishop's StortfordSouth Anglia Housing Association
Oak StreetBishop's StortfordSouth Anglia Housing Association
Trinity WayBishop's StortfordSouth Anglia Housing Association
Fuller CourtBishop's StortfordHousing and Care 21
Ashfords and Carters CloseBuntingfordSouth Anglia Housing Association
Dixon PlaceBuntingfordSouth Anglia Housing Association
Beane River ViewHertfordSantuary Housing Association
The DellHertfordNetwork Homes
Gosselin HouseHertfordNetwork Homes
Mabeys WalkHigh WychSouth Anglia Housing Association
Broadfield CloseMuch HadhamSouth Anglia Housing Association
FerndaleMuch HadhamSouth Anglia Housing Association
RoundhayePuckeridgeSouth Anglia Housing Association
NorthfieldPuckeridgeSouth Anglia Housing Association
HighfieldsSawbridgeworthSouth Anglia Housing Association
Reedings WaySawbridgeworthSouth Anglia Housing Association
April PlaceSawbridgeworthSouth Anglia Housing Association
Lawrence AvenueSawbridgeworthSouth Anglia Housing Association
ChapelfieldsStanstead AbbottsNetwork Homes
Folly ViewStanstead AbbottsNetwork Homes
Hatfield CourtWareNetwork Homes
The GrangeWareNetwork Homes
Burgage CourtWareNetwork Homes
Glebe CourtWatton-at-StoneSouth Anglia Housing Association

Flexicare Housing

Flexicare housing, sometimes called extra care housing, provides more support than sheltered housing and more independence than a residential care home. You live in your own flat with the privacy of your own front door, but have care available 24 hours a day if you need it. To qualify you:

  • must require assistance with your personal care and or daily living tasks
  • must be an older person who will benefit from flexicare. A place may be offered to a younger person on disability grounds in exceptional cases.
  • will be required to have a sheltered housing and care assessment to ensure we can meet your needs.

To apply for Flexicare accommodation you will need to complete a housing register application with HomeOption and register your interest for a flexicare on the application form. 

Please visit our Apply for Housing‚Äč page to start your application.

More information on flexicare can be found on the Hertfordshire County Council website.

Flexicare Housing in East Herts

ParksideBishop's StortfordMetropolitan Housing Association
Bircherley CourtHertfordNetwork Homes
Carlton CourtHertfordNetwork Homes
Free View CourtBishop's StortfordGenesis Housing Association

Young person Accommodation

The council has access to supported accommodation for young people who need support teaching valuable skills such as budgeting and applying for jobs.  The schemes are owned and managed by the East Herts YMCA in Bishop's Stortford and Aldwyck Housing Association in Hertford.  Access to these schemes is via a referral from the Council's Housing Options Team. 

Housing-related Support

Housing-related Support is a service run by Hertfordshire County Council. The service assists people who live in sheltered housing, hostel, refuge, shared accommodation, or their own home. They aim to promote independence. They can prevent homelessness and help people do things for themselves rather than go into hospital or residential care. They can also help people make the transition from living in an institution to living independently.

More information is available on the Hertfordshire County Council website - Housing-related support.

How do you rate this information / service?

Rate as GoodRate as AverageRate as Poor